Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Tropical rain

    November 3, 2023 in Nicaragua ⋅ 🌧 28 °C

    We were up early, at Villa Carcola, and luckily before we went to bed, we checked the coffee situation and requested some. Same made a big pot and used some of our snacks for breakfast. Andréia and I headed to Playa Maderas to meet Faustino who took us to Budget, where we picked up our 4x4, standard, truck. We then went to markets and stores trying to find the food we needed. Typically fruit and vegetables are not expensive, but due to lack of rain they are not plentifully and more expensive. We couldn’t find postcards anywhere (to write a message to our Participant). Back to the Villa and then meet with Ricardo to go over some things and Justa (chef) to discuss other stuff. We were quoted $10 but it increased. Andréia is a skilled negotiator and was able to keep it the same.
    As we were heading to the beach Sarah and Sam were returning.
    Andréia and I enjoyed some splashing in the waves and then it started to rain. We just laid in the rain and silence, and took in natures joy. Back at the Villa we had fun splashing in the rain and we’re greeted with a spectacular lightening show.
    We had a charcuterie board, and some of Sarah’s wine stash (which I bought for her). Andréia and I continued to work on retreat stuff and messages to participants, while Sam and Sarah enjoyed pool time.
    Read more