Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Night Sail

    November 22, 2023 in Guadeloupe ⋅ 🌙 27 °C

    Up early with the planned departure time of 10am. The sail arrived shortly after 8am and we went to work at putting it up. We made some minor oppies that we had to backtrack on, but overall it went well. Then got it up and began putting the battens in, only to realize that the last and longest batten was missing.
    Brian went in the hunt for battens and Lennox showed up to clean the carpets. Leroy also showed up to give me a list of the songs we had spoken about earlier in the week. He had brought mint and lemongrass a few days prior (for $5).
    Rahid came to the boat shortly after Brian returned to measure the batten pocket. They will try and put something together so we can get underway as we are already checked out of the country. We took a walk to see the super yacht (Joy and another from George Town) and get some sand under our toes.
    We ended up leaving late afternoon. Putting up the anchor was a challenge as so much mud and dirt and then it got stuck half way….. Brian fixed it from below. The sunset and nighttime sail was beautiful and relaxing. Brian has it rigged so that he can steer the boat via autopilot from anywhere on the boat. We sat and chatted on the forward deck for along time. A good man!
    We docked around 10:15pm. I was concerned about anchoring in the dark but it all went fairly smooth. We then cooked the shrimp and headed to bed.
    Read more