Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Deshaies

    November 23, 2023 in Guadeloupe ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Nice to wake up and see a new place! I jumped into the water early and swam around the boat. Brian joined and decided to start cutting away the fishing line that had gotten wrapped around the prop. He was nervous about holding his breath for so long (particularly with Covid). I had a FTHS zoom call re videos at 9:30am and then we hopped in the dinghy and headed for the village to clear costoms at a small store called Pelican. Filled out the Sail Clear on the computer and then wandered. Brian found a spot with some great color and shadows, and I went for a walk on the beach. We then went to the bakery for a croissant (pas san gluten). It was fun to listen to Brian converse with everyone in French. Most of the town, including the fish store, closed up between noon and 2pm, but we found a grocery store and bought some supplies before heading back to the boat.
    It was Thanksgiving in the US so Brains day was smattered with calls from Vincent (his friend), Greg (his brother called a day earlier), and his two kids (Ian and Marley). We returned to the water and cutting off the fishing line. By the end, I was swimming down with googles to help remove the line as he cut it. Proud of myself for not panicking under the water…. It felt pretty good!
    We were going to grill some of the skewers but I left them in the wrong freezer, so we ended up having lamb burgers with broccoli instead, a late meal. We were both exhausted, likely from constricted breath and Covid. I tried to do work but was to tired so went to bed around 8:30pm.
    It was extremely hot at night and the boat was rolling so not much sleep.
    *while at dock in Antigua we had power and used the A/C in the boat to stay cool.
    Read more