Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    Pigeon Cove

    November 24, 2023 in Guadeloupe ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Up early and worked on the computer, then hoed on the water for a quick swim to the fishing trap and back to the boat. We watched a cruise ship anchor nearby and start ferrying people to the mainland. We watched a family on a catamaran from Australia (3 kids and husband,wife). He came and said hi to Brian who was cleaning the BBQ grill of the lamb meat mess from the night before.
    We decided to move down the coast and went to Pigeon Cove. After anchoring and some food, we went snorkelling and saw several turtles and various fish. We went a long ways and lungs were tired by the time we arrive back to the boat, even though we took a break at a beach nearby. More boat chores and I did a bit more work. A Catamaran (Grand Cru) pulled in beside us, a family from Israel with three small boys. The swell were causing the boat to roll a lot so we contemplated leaving the anchorage and moving further down the coast, but ultimately decided we were both to tired. Brian wasn’t feeling well this morning and had taken a Cold and Sinus medication.
    We had a nice chat with Nicholas and Marie whose engine failed today and they are 400 miles from Saint Marten. The rain clouds rolled in on and off all evening and we were not able to use the BBQ…. So had a baked Brie and a mashup of fridge food for super.
    Stayed up for away chatting in the pilothouse — anniversary card, future plans, sailing and life…. Nice breeze blowing through, and we would doze off. Heading to bed early again …. 9:20pm and lights are about to go out!
    Read more