Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    Falmouth

    December 3, 2023 in Antigua and Barbuda ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    We were up early again (normally day starts at 6:30) and got the dinghy hoisted and boat prepped for leaving. We had no troubles starting the engine this time, a nd began our 52 mile trek to Falmouth, Antigua. I try and do some work or reading on the passage, but it doesn’t work well for me and I start to feel queasy.
    The batten popped out of the sleeve and we had to keep a close eye on it, not to loose it as had happen before to Brian on the passage over. We also noticed a rip in the Jib that needs attention. I took some time to try and get the rust off the aft port stansions.
    Sushi at the Antigua Yacht Club, Clubhouse restaurant was on the menu. Once we arrived in Falmouth, we again struggled to anchor a finally settled on a spot, although it was getting dark and lots of boats around. We quickly gathered up garbage and headed to the dock. Once at the club we ran into Nicholas and Marie (and a whole crew of others), we switched seats and sat at a table of 10-12 people (including Steve and Cindy on Karuna - from Vermont). We had sushi but my evening was interrupted as the first bite I took had Tempura, so bathroom called most of the night). It is Super Yacht week in Antigua and there are MANY huge vessels in the bay and at dock (Loon, Chasing Daylight, Calex, Sea Owl, Twizzle, SuRi).
    Read more