衛星
マップで表示する
  • 日36

    Barbuda

    2023年12月6日, アンティグアバーブーダ ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    We sailed to Barbuda, a 35mile trek. The winds were blowing strong and it was a good sail, but long. I have work to do but it was to challenging to sail and work. Brian lifted anchor and got us underway while I worked as much as I could before the seas started to swell. We sailed with no motor untill the wind started to recede and we noticed the batten had come free again and we lost the Rutgerson face plate this time. When we tried to start the engine, it again would not start, so Brian had to “Hotwire” it. With the combo of engine and sea we were going faster and caught a Barracuda on the fishing line. It was fun to watch Brian reel it in, and then take it aboard…. Sharp teeth! We decided to free it back to the water.
    The entrance to Barbuda was filled with reefs, so we had to pay close attention. Once we got to the Coco Bay the engine would NOT turn off using the stop switch. Brian calmly made several calls to no avail and finally called on the VHF for assistance to those around us (several Salty Dog flags flying). Two men (Kevin with half an ear from South Africa, who had been living aboard for 25years) came over and showed Brian where the shut off switch was.
    While he was doing that I was getting the face plate off the new Rutgesron and putting it in the bottom batten. Brian came to help and we decided to epoxy it, to prevent it from coming apart. By the time we finished everything, sun was going down and I watched the sunset from the transom until the stars started to appear.
    In the evening we booked a Lobster feed with Enoch for noon the next day, however later we took a look at the weather and saw that a system was moving in that might have us stuck. We decided to leave in the morning.
    もっと詳しく