Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    Non Such Bay

    December 7, 2023 in Antigua and Barbuda ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    AND BACK….. We didn’t make it to the pink beaches, but did decided to jump in for a few laps around the boat before heading back towards Antigua. We sailed with a reef so not to use the bottom batten as the epoxy was still tacky.
    While in route we passed Nikki and Barry (who briefly dropped on the way to take their dog to shore last night) and I also chatted with Ashlynn (and Vinnie) about what to do to celebrate Christmas — we talked about Bota Bota but ended up deciding on the Nut Cracker ballet.
    We arrived back to Green Island and decided to explore Non Such Bay, before settling on anchor on the west side of Green Island. We launched the dinghy, and reluctantly I stayed on the boat to work while Brian went to do a Pastel.
    Steve and Dawn (catamaran named Pilar — pronounced P-lair) who were behind us, and whom we had met in Jewel, decided to re-anchor. I invited them to drop by later, they messaged Brian to decline.
    We bravely decided to try and bbq the duck. I had found a recipe to bake it with the cranberry sauce, but Brian didn’t want the smell in the boat. Google said the BBQ on low heat for and hour…… they were burnt little breasts by the end, but once we scraped the char off, still edible albeit over cooked. Brian’s poor new grill (which he tries to clean after each use, is a disaster).
    Read more