Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 39

    Sushi and Dancing

    December 9, 2023 in Antigua and Barbuda ⋅ 🌬 28 °C

    Today we started to prepare for what we anticipated to be a nasty trip, instead ….. a lot of fun! The winds were steady at 20-24knots but we only used the stay sail and with it zipped along at 7-8knots. It was only a 10-12mile trek so we arrived quickly.
    We again had difficulty anchoring, although only tried once, we slid back 1000ft over the course of the afternoon. Eventually, we let out another 100ft and seemed to have set the anchor (mantis/ plow).
    When we arrived, we noticed that we were beside Always (Tim Sanders) who had Ilse aboard. She was Brian’s crew for the delivery and he was hopping to see her. They were leaving for Jolly Harbour and then Panama. She filmed us but didn’t say much…. Brian later learned that they are headed to Australia together— might be a tough passage for someone who gets seasick.
    I did some work, called Leanne to chat and listened to Brian play guitar. We then headed to AYC to try Sushi again (it was great) and have some fun dancing untill the floor became too crowded with people (including Jill, who we meant the first time) and smokers. Back to the boat to relax for the rest of the evening.
    Read more