Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 38

    Duck Fat

    December 8, 2023 in Antigua and Barbuda ⋅ 🌬 28 °C

    Lots of boats in this little cove, so always the fear of sliding or anchor dragging. We set the alarm and all was well through the night. We watched a wedding on shore last night, which was fun, with lots of music filling the air.
    Today, after our sacred time of coffee and quiet writing, we started on work and chores. Brian finished his pastel — he usually does it, sets it on the captains chair or fireplace mantle, and observe it for awhile, then gets the pastels colors out to tweak it.
    Brian set about cleaning the duck fat off the grill and the side of the boat (it had splattered everywhere). He also took fibreglass and covered the Rutgerson so it stay secure and not pop the top cover.
    I worked most of the day, but took time out for a swim and to watch rainbows. We went to shore (as I just wanted to se the clear water on the other side) and walked around for 5 min before heading back to the boat. Lots of kite surfers here and they launch from this spot or their boat…. Fun to watch.
    We looked at the weather and realized that winds would be getting stronger and swells larger. We reached out to a few sailors as we didn’t want to get stuck there…. And decided we would leave in the morning.
    Read more