Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 42

    Full Sails to next country

    February 24 in Saint Lucia ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Up early and had coffee, writing, nice breakfast and then dealt with gathering the stern anchor. While we were out with the dinghy Daniel flagged us. He was having trouble with his dinghy engine and wanted a ride to La Morin (a considerable distance via dinghy). Brian suggested he might sail there, but Daniel asked if we would see if any other boats would take him…. As we were leaving in the opposite direction. We spoke to a Catamaran in the bay and they were also from Brittany — we explained Daniels situation and the guy said he would go help. As we were leaving and hoisting the anchor he headed over. We lamented to leave our newfound friend but we were moving to Saint Lucia, some 35miles away.
    Sails up and we had a wonderful crossing to Rodney Bay. As we entered the harbour we saw Kalunamoo coming in as well. The plan was to go to the marina and Brian hailed them on VHF and they offered F1, but he wasn’t sure where it was so we said we would get back to them, but couldn’t reach. Brian called them on the phone but continued to proceed to the Marina, looking for F1. We were going to the very end on the main dock. I had to yell at the water taxi guy to move his boat so we could back in. Always a little unnerving but Brian did a great job.
    We went to check in and it went smoothly…. Also stopped to buy fruit from the stands and local fruit boat.
    This is the exact same location Brian was in early last February when his marriage dissolved and his wife left, to never return to the boat except to gather her things in Maine. I suspect it will be difficult memories for him (and Karen and he speaks to her often).
    He was at the marina for 5 week last time, so he knows ALOT of the workers and people at the dock. We went for a walk of the docks, and visited a boat called Aquarella that he remember from last year (Evelyn and Terry). She does watercolours and invited us aboard to see some of them.
    It was nice to be at dock and have access to showers and toilets and restaurants although we both had sea legs for awhile.
    We went to eat at the sushi restaurant in the evening before returning to Lorena. We are hooked up to shore power which means not having to run the generator or worry about power for a few days. We decided to watch another version of Mid Summer Nights Dream ~ director, Julie Taymore. As I am not a TV person we only got through part of it before retiring to bed.
    Read more