Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 43

    Saint Lucia

    February 25 in Saint Lucia ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    A great sleep with air conditioning running all night. Brian, still shaken by the murder of Ralph and Kathy, locks everything down even though we are on a dock with security.
    Laundry was gathered and picked up at the dockside (by Pat on golf carts that go zooming by). Garbage is also collected right at the slip and people continue to stream by. One couple came and recalled Brian’s carnage last year (hand in cast and wife left), wondering who I was in the mix. A bit awkward but I tell them we are a new couple.
    I work for a bit and then we make our way to the town of Rodney Bay, and then beyond to Reduit Beach (by the Starfish Hotel).
    We walk the beach and then decide to go for a little swim. It is fun to play in the water beside Brian! He didn’t do any art, but it poured rain and I was worried his pad would get soaked, so covered it up. While waiting the rain out, under a big tree, we snapped a few selfies, which Brian later posted to Facebook (inflaming his “soon to be ex” as he calls Karen, and exposing our new found love to the world).
    On our way back from the beach we stop at the grocery store and pick up a few things, including Quality Street candy in the form of a chocolate bar. In the evening we went for drinks with a number of the Salty Dawgs that were at the marina as well. It was nice to socialize, but it was loud and we didn’t stay for to long. (Cathy, Brian, Phill (Dragonfly), Fred (Isola), Barry (Momentum), Ted (Raven), Bob (Pandora), Nikki, Heather, Barbara, Bill & Maureen (Kalunamoo), Muna, Anne.
    Back to the boat to watch more Mid Summers Night Dream and to bed.
    Read more