Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 50

    Bequia

    March 3 in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    We were up before 5am as the rolling was bad in the Bay. We let go of the mooring and I had a spotlight that I used for the next hour on the bow to make sure we didn’t hit any fishing traps. The light attracted the flying fish who put on a show.
    We arrived at the Pitons at dawn, unfortunately there was very little wind but the view was incredible. We then turned the engine on and motor sailed to Port Elizabeth, a 65mile stretch. I tried to work on the phone and computer but was struggling not to get sick as there was lots of rolling motion, which I don’t normally mind, but can’t seem to handle when I am on a device.
    Brian beckoned me to come forward, thinking he saw a marlen but there was a school of dolphins all playing around the bow of the boat for 5 minutes or so…. Using the bow to rub their head and belly, jumping in the air and making this sailor very excited 🤩🐬
    We got in around 3:30pm, anchored with ease and settled into the new area (for me), Admiralty Bay.
    We grabbed snorkel gear and decided to check out the reef, it wasn’t close to Anse Cochon but nice to get off the boat. We then showered on the stern and relaxed for awhile. A boat from Daffodils came by with information. We got supper ready and grilled MahiMahi or Dorado as locals call it.
    Sadly, while eating Brian got a text from his credit card company that spoke of fraud which set off a series of unpleasant calls. He went to bed early and I stayed up to do some work things.
    Read more