Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 54

    Lobster & Butterfish

    March 7 in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines ⋅ 🌬 28 °C

    Laundry was top of the list this morning so, we brought a large bag over to Daffodils. From there we walked up a steep hill and up to a fort/ perch that we could see from the boat, we headed down the path on the side of the hill and it lead back to laundry place. They were building a new dinghy dock and one of the workers said that he had fish and would come to the boat later.
    We took the dinghy into town and stocked up on groceries a two stores and the fruit market. On our way from Doris back to the other store a guy stopped us in the street and wanted to know if we wanted chicken. When we said I don’t eat it, he said he had pork and beef. Brian bought both from him. Then back at the dinghy dock we met Flex who sells lobsters (and was recommended by another Dawg - Kathy). We bought one for $85EC, and brought it back to the boat. We put him in a bucket and then in a mesh bag attached to the painter of the dinghy.
    Brian was going to prime the top rub rail and I chatted with Ashlynn, who was on the ferry to Victoria BC. I was boiling eggs and then made quinoa and emptied out and cleaned the cupboards while talking to her. We had a great chat! The laundry arrived back to the boat, by boat and I paid 80ec…. Not bad for wash, dry and folded clothes.
    We we were told to cut the lobster in two and grill it…. This took a lot of time and effort, but we finally did it. Then Hayden came by in his SUP with Butterfish, as he said he would. Brian agreed to buy them all, and Hayden showed me how to descale and clean the fish. We put them away for tomorrow and enjoyed a beautiful lobster dinner!
    Read more