Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 52

    Electrical

    March 5 in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Started the morning as usual, and I was getting prepare for a meeting at 9:30am that was cancelled. Shortly after, another boat in the harbour (Duene) was coming over in the dinghy to help Brian with electrical issues. Kevin came and brought his girlfriend Cindy. I was hoping to work but ended up entertaining or chatting with Cindy, who seems unhappy with her life and relationship, for 3 hours.
    The guys seemed to have made progress, contacting Belmar for the alternator and regulator, and Ian the previous electrician that worked on the boat. The alternator is not charging the batteries. Originally they thought it was a heat issue, but Brian made a heat shield and it didn’t solve the problem. They have adjusted the cool air valve and made some other assumptions to hopefully resolve the problem.
    It rained most of the day, on and off. During one of the off time, we drilled holes (with a circle saw borrowed from Kevin) into the alternator cover, to allow more air in. We got into a tangle that escalated quickly, but resolved quick too. I was always scared of arguments fearing they were a sign of failure in a relationship and would avoid at all cost, but Brian and I seem to have a health way to deal with conflict when it arises, with honesty and compassion. My chat with Cindy made me more grateful for the relationship that Brian and I have with one another, the transparency, respect, trust, friendship and love.
    We headed back to Duene to give back the tools, then to chat with Chis and Fiona on Cariocou and back to our boat for a quick swim. We showered off on the stern and then got ready to head to land and go to dinner with Mo and Ole. We were going to the Fig Tree but it was closed for a private function. A guy along the path offered Brian some weed or snowball… Brian decline but wanted to know what snowball was (the dude wouldn’t tell him) so I explained or suggested it was cocaine, and the guy acknowledged it.
    We went to the Plantation restaurant/ hotel and got a table. The serve was slow but the food good! We had Greek salad, steak and eggplant dishes that Brian and I shared. We had to move part ways through the meal as it rained so hard we were getting wet. I love the sound and smell of the rain 🌧️
    Conversation was great, the coffee at the end was better then dessert and we parted ways with our new friends at the dingy dock, hoping to get back to the boat before rain came again.
    Back on Lorena we had a cookie, checked messages and headed to bed as it was 10:15 and past our normal bedtime.
    Read more