Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 64

    The Big Swim

    March 17 in Saint Kitts and Nevis ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Back in the routine of coffee and writing, but disrupted by the roving police boat that insisted we move to a morning ball immediately. Brian saw others getting ready and he wanted to get to a ball closeby first so we mobilized quickly and took the dinghy and some rope out to the mooring and then moved the boat to it. We then made a second pot of coffee and Brian was testing some alternator issues, running the engine to charge, to no avail. Tired, stress, to much coffee, to little patience or something else lent itself to frustration and hurt. Craving solitude I left the boat and swam quite a distance to shore, where I found a quiet spot away from humans to cradle my soul.
    I had a conference call at 2pm and Brian, helping our neighbors who were rowing came to shore, and fetched me at the same time. We had invited Innisfree (Mike and Glenda) over for dinner in the evening. After my call Brian we went for a swim and then left the boat so Brian could do a pastel, then into town for a walk around, visiting the statue of Hamilton (one of the founders of USA Coast Guard as well as legal matters), born in Nevis.
    Back on the boat we tidied and hosted Innisfree. They brought Salmon and beet salad and we had MahiMahi green beans and orca. Great meal and company….. interesting couple. She owned a yarn store in Vancouver (wet coast wool) and he was an engineer involved in Fusion.
    Anxious to find my pillow and sleep off the stress of the day!
    Read more