Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 65

    Monday meetings

    March 18 in Saint Kitts and Nevis ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Still feeling the blues….. not the sky, not the sea but just me. I have three conference calls peppered throughout the day, so that we can travel again tomorrow. Between call 1 and 2 we took the opportunity to get in in the dinghy and head to customs to check out (same people served us…. Lovely Alica and the snarly women who seemed to hate the world). There we ran into Jeff and Melissa, Salty Dawgs on a large Catamaran (with a sweet puppy) and chatted for a few minutes before heading to Best Buy where we stocked up. I treated myself to some Welch’s fruit snacks — sometimes it is nice to see familiar food and brands, although we eat very well.
    Back to the boat and we were supposed to check out and leave by 2pm but decided that we would get to Saint Barth’s in the dark. I was able to secure my third meeting for this evening so we stayed and between call 2 and 3 we went for a long walk on the beach and unfortunately we swamped the dinghy as we did not haul it far enough up the beach. It was filled with water and sand… yikes! A few kind souls (two Canadian women from Brockville and a guy from NY) helped us to empty the water and sand (Brian removed the engine). Then put the engine back on and we used the defined swim line , to pull ourselves back towards Lorena, and by some miracle the outboard (Yamaha 9.9, 4 stoke) started. I had a call in 5 minutes from the time I got back onto the boat.
    The view here, the volcano in front of us is pretty, but it will be nice to move on tomorrow.
    Read more