Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 67

    Gustavio

    March 20 in Saint Barthélemy ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Wow, just wow. The color of the water, the sound of the birds (doves), the landscape and beach are all so beautiful in this cove!
    We had to take the dinghy into Gustavia to check in. It was a 2.5mile ride, and nice to see some of the yachts— it is with good reason that one of the immigration questions is “do you hav a helicopter on board.” Initially we split up and Brian was to do customs and I to find the laundry mat. He got frustrated and the laundry was on the other side of the cay. We took the dingy over and got the laundry started, then went for a walk… first to Fort Oscar but got send away by police who are occupying the area, and then to fort Carl. My cardio is not as good living on a boat and I felt the hill climbs! Then we went back to customs and checked it…. Frustrated by the process along with another couple! We returned to laundry mat at put the clothes to dry and went to get some food. The sushi restaurant was closed but we found another place and had a Greek salad and a piece of tuna tartar for $40 euro 😵‍💫.
    We told Innisfree (Mike) that he could use the boat for his conference call and that we would be back by 2pm, so sadly we left without getting to explore much.
    Back to the boat am put away clean clothes and got ready to leave the boat so Mike could do his call. We went to shore and anchored the dinghy, had a swim and then Brian found a spot to do a pastel and I went for a hike to the top of the beautiful trail with birds and turtles, trees and large rocks with interesting formations.
    When we got back to the boat, Mike was gone but he had another call at 6:15… so we hustled to make food before his call. He ended up doing it from the bow of his boat (using Lorena’s Starlink).
    When they refer to paradise in the Caribbean ~ it is here!
    Read more