Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 68

    Anse de Colombier

    March 21 in Saint Barthélemy ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Yesterday Jason and Marcie in the boat beside us (who were also the couple with us in customs) invited us over for sundowner tonight. We weren’t sure if we would be here today (as we had technically checked out), but we decided to stay another day. We invited them and Innisfree for sundowner, but Innisfree was leaving for Gustavio as they had issues with their water maker (Brian gave them a filter which worked) but they still went. So we had the other couple over. He is a physicians assistant (PA) and does telecare from the boat and she is a graphic designer. Nice to meet them!
    During the day I had work stuff as I was preparing for a Board Meeting. While we were having coffee a patrol boat came by and we assumed that we would be in trouble for anchoring, but they were just reminding folks of the 5mile/hr wake zone, stay no longer then 4 days and limit the noise. It is interesting to watch all the boat traffic coming into the Cove. Mainly tenders from super yachts coming in to set up for the owners/guests on the beach.
    We went ashore again and did some swimming and Brian did another pastel. I had forgotten to turn off the inverter, so I swam back to the boat to turn it off and returned to the beach at the same time Brian was finished. I absolutely love the pastel he did today. The colors and light are so vibrant and the water IS the color in the picture!
    This is my favorite spot so far on this Caribbean journey!
    Read more