Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 82

    Marina Puerto Bahia

    April 4 in Dominican Republic ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Coffee was ready by the time Brian got up and we decided to contact the marina and make our way there tout suite.
    Not knowing what to expect or which side we would be coming in on, we got lines ready on either side and Brian walked me through the process…. He also asked for dinghy help. As we came in, a worker came aboard and took the lines and made the process easier.
    Once docked and settled, we got some food and proceeded to start the checkin process.
    You have to clear through immigration, coustoms and Navy (who boards the boat). I was a bit concerned as we didn’t check into Puerto Rico as we were supposed too, but it wasn’t questioned or a problem. Shepard (navy guy) came aboard and played Brian’s guitar and chatted (he spoke English too… which many do not). I connected the power and then Brian checked and added the second unit.
    We explored the premises and were going to do laundry but there were already loads going. We went back to the pool area but decided to jump in the ocean. We swam to the dock and to the water trampoline, then to the net which goes all the way down to the bottom…. Knowing that it likely means to keep certain sea creatures out…. We took a look and decided to proceed beyond it, to the small beach around the corner where Flamingo’s 🦩 in all there regality pranced about. They left the area when we emerged onshore, and we sat on a branch and watched them, marvelling at our privilege to see an experience such sights.
    We walked to the dock, and then jumped off, swam back to the pool area where we had left our things unattended, took a quick outdoor shower and headed back to the boat.
    There are three restaurants on the premise, and we went to the one attached to the building on the main floor. It was a challenge to make them understand Celiac, but Brian talked to the chef and we were able to order a meal, although not something I would get again (steak on top of coconut lentils) and salad.
    We chatted about how to get a new wind instrument (Brian called a place that had it, but not sure it would ship it in time - Sea Wire)….. bed early to catch up on sleep.
    Read more