Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    On the road again - LA to Ventura

    February 10, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    We left the hotel just after 8:00 as we knew that we have a couple of long days of driving and sightseeing. Mum grabbed a couple of coffees to go and we got out on the road .The traffic predictably was quite heavy until we got beyond the main parts of the city after about half an hour. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed my return trip to LA and it was with some sadness that I pointed the car north as I'm really not sure whether I'll ever manage to return and certainly not in the very near future.

    We headed along the freeway to hit the coast at Malibu where the plan was to stop some breakfast. We got to Malibu just before 9:30 and found an amazing spot on the beach where we could have some breakfast. Paradise cove cafe really did live up to its name. The setting was superb right on the beach in a cove and the food was amazing. I had a salmon omelette with potatoes and a breakfast smoothie. We both left the table feeling absolutely stuffed.

    The next section of the journey was about 40 miles to the town of Ventura. Route took us along the coast and we were treated to some amazing views of the beautiful blue see and some of the small islands in the bay and of course not a cloud in the sky. Frontier was a curious little place which felt a bit like it could have come right out of a western, but we stopped for a quick coffee before getting back on the road.
    Read more