Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Montserrat

    August 27, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    So having been to Barcelona before we've seen most of the sites And so we decided to head out of the city to the mountain village of Montserrat. We headed to the train station at Espanya and bought the tickets for the journey.

    The train was mostly empty and yet someone still managed to take the bag! We realised halfway through the journey and reported the theft on arrival in Montserrat, although had to wait until we got back to Barcelona to report to the police.

    We spent a couple of hours wandering around the town and enjoying the views before getting the funicular railway back down to the station for our return trip to Barcelona.

    On arrival in Barcelona we went to the police station to report the theft and spent a frustrating 3 hours waiting for a copy of the report.

    We also applied for our emergency travel documents, while having a beer, in the knowledge that it may take a couple of working days to be ready to collect!

    Back at the hotel we showered before going out for a few drinks in the city.

    Despite the theft, we didn't let it ruin the day or the holiday although it has been a complete PITA.
    Read more