Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Kochi to Tadoba national park

    January 6, 2023 in India ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    The alarm woke us at 5am, before even the Muezzin had started his call to prayer and we met up with Richard and Julie to share a taxi to the airport. The journey this time was quicker than on the way in as the roads were very quiet. We arrived at the airport at 6.30 and checked in for our two flights, first to Bangalore and then onward to Nagpur.

    The first flight was late but it didn't really matter as we had plenty of time to connect in Bangalore. When we arrived at Nagpur our driver to take us to our accommodation was waiting for us. For the next three nights we're staying at the Waghoba eco lodge which was a two and a half hour journey from Nagpur.

    https://www.waghobaecolodge.com//

    The first half of the journey was on well made roads which were quite quiet and then we turned on to some narrower roads where there were lots of animals being moved including cows and goats.

    The final part of the journey was even more bumpy but soon the accommodation came into view. On first site from afar I have to say that I was a little bit disappointed. However, on arrival I was really pleasantly surprised!. The lodge was only built a couple of years ago and so far exceeds expectations. A room has a very tall ceiling with large picture windows looking out onto the wilderness and there's a separate WC and shower area.

    After a lovely shower we headed to the bar and had a drink on the balcony overlooking the wilderness. At 7.30 we moved inside to watch a tiger documentary during which canapes we're served. Next it was time for dinner...a three course Indian meal. The chef came out and explained that all of the food, including the spices, is made on site by him and his team. Washed down with a glass of Indian red wine. We headed for our room just after 10 as we knew that the next day would be an early start for a morning safari! 🐯
    Read more