Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 119

    Hotel move in Siem Reap and rest day

    February 4, 2018 in Cambodia ⋅ 🌙 22 °C

    It was a rather relaxed day for us today. We went to a German bakery for breakfast (“Bang Bang Bakery”) - but then both took a bagel :-)))) Coffee was quite good as well and, thus, we stayed until 11:30 and read our magazines.

    Afterwards we changed the hotel - the first one was good and the staff very friendly but we
    a) wanted a pool and
    b) reckoned that 43$/night for 2 people in a 5* hotel wasn’t that bad of a deal ;-)

    Hotel was great as well and we relaxed a bit before venturing our into the city for more coffee and cake. Then came yoga and pool time.

    For dinner Bertram chose a really nice Khmer restaurant with very few but authentic and fresh dishes. I ordered vegetables with fried rice flour as a starter and rice dumplings with chives as a main dish - they were very much the same dish, just in different forms :-) While the starter was a pancake from rice flour and coconut with vegetabkes on top, the main was the photo attached: three fried rice flour-coconut balls with veggies on the side. Indeed, it was even very much identical to Bertram’s starter - just 3 different names ;-) However, the taste and texture were really great and Bertram was also happy with the Beef lok lak. All in, the cost including drinks ended up $21.50 which was very fair!

    We then went around the night market but soon decided that this Mallorca-style party feeling paired with cheap mass goods and repetitive “Lady, good price for you” and “Sir, need tuk tuk now” was not for us. The only fun thing we may still try: fish spas where fish in tanks eat away the dead skin of your feet. 🤔

    Home at the hotel we failed to launch the “Tomb Raider” movie - maybe another time
    Read more