Satellite
Show on map
  • Packing

    September 11, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 68 °F

    Packing for this trip is way different than just throwing everything you can think of into the motorhome. We will each have one free checked bag and a carry on and a personal item. In our case, the medical equipment and medications must be planned carefully and fortunately these are not counted with the carry on. But the medications must be in their original bottles, so prepackaging in pill bags won’t be permitted. Jill has packed different bags several times and we even bought a new bag as well.

    We also had to buy clothes for cold wet weather. Les bought new waterproof boots and several layers of coats. Thank you, Costco! The other question was how many days to plan for. We will have to do laundry a few times while in Iceland and that we will have to play that by ear.

    Then there is the art equipment for the trip. The workshop is a photo workshop, so Les will take a camera. But the heavy, bulky large format camera is a bit much for air travel. In addition, the winds in Iceland can make using it extremely difficult. Not to mention the risks of taking exposed film through airport security. So, Les will take the new DSLR with 2 newly purchased lenses and the laptop computer for post processing. Jill on the other hand, will be taking watercolors and pastels. This has been an additional challenge for Jill to packing. She has repacked a whole series of bags in the last week.
    Read more