Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Disneyland

    September 26, 2023 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    Quite a long day! I spent around 15 hours at the two Disneyland parks and walked some 30,000 steps in total.

    I started at Disney's California Adventure, which is the newest and smallest park, but it has some pretty cool rides. The most recognizable one is the big ferris wheel with the Mickey face at Pixar Pier. They also have a popular ride, themed on the animated movie Cars, where you race a car in a desert landscape.

    One of the new additions to the park is an area dedicated to the Marvel movies, also part of Disney now. I did a fun Spiderman ride where you shoot virtual creatures with your hands, much the same say that Spiderman would sling his webs!

    After lunch, I made my way to the main Disneyland park, just across from California Adventure.

    Disneyland, opened in 1955, was the very first Disney park and the only one that Walt Disney envisioned and designed, and frequently visited before he passed away.

    Of course, much has changed since then, but some of the original rides from the first years still exist today.

    While Disney World in Florida is more comprehensive, it's fun to visit the original park that started it all and try rides that are not in the other Disney parks.

    Some rides, like Haunted Mansion, exist in some form across multiple Disney parks, but I quite like this version of it. At the moment, it is transformed into a holiday theme, which also makes it very different from the "usual " version that I tried in Magic Kingdom last week.

    Disneyland also has its own Star Wars land, Galaxy's Edge. The one in Disney World is pretty much identical but it's still extremely impressive.

    One of my favorite rides of the day is based on the Indiana Jones movies. You ride in a vehicle that brings you through several scenes similar to events in the films, for example, being chased by a huge boulder. It's a very impressive ride with amazing effects and surprises.

    I did around 25 rides in total across the day, only a few of which were the same at Disney World.

    There's so much to do at Disneyland, though, especially if you include both parks, but overall, it has been a pretty productive day!
    Read more