Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Day 2 Competition Day

    May 7, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    It was super windy all night and still blowing this morning and the wind was like ice 🧊 Sas and Cal turned up and then Mel and Brent rolled in ready for an 8:30 start, the girls saddled up and I went and set up the PA system and sorted out the judges box, was a bit of a late start and the wind was blowing like a bastard, not a nice day for cattle or horses, Teresa, Sas and Jess did no good in there first run and no good in the avo run and was the same with Teresa, Mel and Custard, but Sas teamed up with Mel and Custard and penned 3 in both runs, they were good runs considering the weather with only 3 teams penning all 6 for the day the cattle were tough and the wind didn’t help.
    Finished early around 3 in the avo and fed the ponies then it was drink time around the fire pots and presentation time, Teresa had spent a lot of time this week getting stuff sorted and they managed to win best presented team, Teresa, Sas, Jess then 3rd place in the team penning went to Sas, Mel, Custard was a great effort for Custard’s first crack at team penning, settled in around the fires still blowing and waited for the traditional Wulgulmerang roast dinner and desert which did not disappoint, had a gut full of the wind and went to bed around 8:30 had a great nights sleep as the wind died down over night.
    Read more