Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 11

    THE BREAKAWAYS

    3. Mai 2023 in Australien ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    DAY: 11
    Neal's Junction
    We slept in util 6 am today that’s great…but a rugged night of crazy dreams and restless sleep….
    Today we stay put but do some driving down the Connie Sue…off we set at 8am….
    So off we set stopping At a few different Bench Markers which turned into flowers stops…saw scattered camel bone everywhere….
    One of our stops was to move big branches off the road as we were constant going around these in the middle of the road causes us a pain…anyway as I was checking on some fluffy looking trees John notice a little bush with heaps of stunning crimson Grevilleas all at various stages of opening….so pretty….
    We stopped at the turn off for the Breakaways….had M/tea...very relaxing…
    Then off onto the road really great road the 6ks in to the most unreal sights of multi coloured soft crumbly cliffs, some areas shaly, other were sedimentary sandstones plus conglomerate…whites, purples, pinks, yellows, and salt areas everywhere…small Water Hole with Stalactites…..handing below the over hang with salt crystals everywhere….you we’re walking over constant salt encrusted ground…then below the cliff faces where heaps of red conglomerate massive rocks...Sheryl and I climbed precisely up to a section Bill suggested we check out to get a better view of the cliffs and the plain below...wow unreal…but a bit difficult to climb up and especially back down…Sheryl even managed to climb to top and could have walked around the rim like you do at a Kings Canyon but decided best come down again…we finished all exploring this magnificent area then drive back down to some big trees for shade for lunch…I had already pre-made corn meat, cheese and pickle sandwiches….very good…relaxing lunch like M/Tea…. Before Sheryl and I had gone to explore the caves above us….some where really big others were like for the kids section…😃😃😃….also some stunning crimson read flowers 🌺….so pretty and some other small white ones that smelt just like Jasmin for the tiny things they were…

    After John and I had lunch we had a short drive to check out one of the roads that took us nowhere where we thought it did….but we found about 15 Camels….then some wood..as we were collecting the wood we saw an old campsite with old tin cans there…

    Then off home…very quick other than stopping to get the trees off the road again…I did have to as per Sheryl’s request….to put a tin of spaghetti 🍝 on the road so she could find the pretty crimson Grevillea…

    Our afternoon was spent doing photos, having nibbles and chatting around the fire…I had broken up all the horrible branches in our campsite area and caused a massive amount fire I was a bit concerned about…

    Sheryl and Dave cooked a big Pork Roll and offered us to join them…so I added veggies and we cooked then in a big pot…
    Plus they offered for me to use their shower which was tricky I obviously wasn’t using the shower head properly so only had a little water 💦 to wash off my body wash..at least I felt clean….that was all before dinner…
    Dinner was yummy….I made gravy as well which went into the pot with the meat juices….all in all another great meal…like our Corn Meat meal last night nothing beats camp oven cooking for flavour…Bill had another light and easy meal as he doesn’t eat pork…
    We did a shared wash up, then sat around relaxing by the fire…Sheryl had a later night tonight after 8pm, nearly 9 by the time I got to bed a big day…
    Weiterlesen