Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    ONWARD FROM NEAL'S JUNCTION

    May 4, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    DAY: 12
    Leaving Neal's Junction
    Moving on today to our next campsite and adventure along the Anne Beadell….
    We commenced our trip stopping at the Cross roads…for the Cemented Bench maker, then a little further along was another Gravestone under a big tree…l got those then off to find what turned out to be an allusive but did eventually find an Airstrip….we had a few stops before it was just found…plus as we were looking John found a path to what was a missive weird Rock formations that covers a few acres strange from the ground so the guys put up their drones to get a different perspective….some where making paths, others were circles, a zig zag section, a big arrow and a huge ? Mark John called it the meaning of life...what for who knows...lots of Cairns… Some are definitely not aboriginal…. Bill came up with a theory that it could map of the aboriginal clans of the area…

    Whoever built it would have taken weeks, or months to do it…
    Then Bill found the Marker for the airfield that we finally worked out what it was…a well weathered post….when the boys put up their drones I was waiting for a collision to occur 🤣🤣🤣🤣!
    John now has a burst blood vessel in his eye…thinking maybe it could have been from high blood pressure while he as sick….he also has a cold sore so must be run down…

    The vegetation is very green and thick at present…still wet damp sections of the road…some big deep corrugation today…
    Stopped for m/tea at 10:10am…waited for Sheryl and Dave for a good 40 mins but the road must be slowing them down heaps today….
    Next major issue was Bill telling us it looked like something was dragging…turns out our left hand side 2 shockers were dragging on the camper….the bolt fell out….we had just pulled up at the burnt out car wreck when we saw it….so John and Bill checked out the burnt out car wreck for bolts and no go…so to improvise they took some off the camper jockey wheel….that did the trick along with some spacers from both John and Dave plus the old rubbers from the old shockers John put in after changing them before the trip…I said a lot of prayers Thank you Lord for once again getting us out of a difficult situation…
    Some of the car wreck …the heat was so intense so much of it was melted into each other….unreal…to me it looks like it had been a rollover first before the fire that destroyed it totally…
    On the road again we went 10 or so kl's up the track to a shady tree where we all had lunch…it had been so, so hot back while fixing the Shockey's I was feeling very run down…Sheryl had walked up and down on track looking for delights to take photos of…
    Next was a Caravan wreck it really was a wreck….you could see why it didn’t survive…very flimsy…
    Dave called us to tell us that there were 2 cars heading our way we eventually met them at the Plane wreck which was our next port of call….
    Once we made it in, there were a couple of issues not being in 4x4 John chopped it up a bit…much to others issues…we spent some time at the wreck getting pics….the lot Dave told us about… turns out the husband and wife part of the group of 4 which were 2 women in one car 2 from Agnes Waters…and 2 from Perth but travelling together…had a bit of a chat….. then trying to call Dave and Sheryl which we couldn’t we decided to head out….then onto our next campsite…10ks up the track…
    When we arrived Bill was chatting to another couple from Germany that comes to Aust 3 times a year to do outback travel…

    We pulled up set up got the fire 🔥 going… at our camp…Sheryl and Dave arrived after 5pm…the sunset wasn’t as good as yesterday...Full moon tonight getting cooler after dark…sat around the fire relaxing and retelling our adventures of the day…😃
    Dinner was crumbed chicken with salad...really too cold for salad but it was still nice..
    Read more