Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Uvita

    November 29, 2022 in Costa Rica ⋅ 🌧 24 °C

    We boarded the ferry and made our way over to Puntarenas. After docking we headed south to Jaco. (I was told it was not a great place) however much to my suprise i found it to be fantastic. It may have had something to do with the awesome hostel we found. (Jaco inn) we made friends with the owner Juan and went surfing with them the next day.
    The surf was incredible. Consistant waves with a decent swell made for one of the best days of surfing i have ever had. After the surf Juan suggested we have dinner at a small resturant. Bragging that it was the best seafood. He was not lying. It was top notch. Poke poke poke please.

    Next we were on our way to manuel antonio. The hostel we booked ended up being really sketchy. We got scammed but got our money back.
    Just a few miles up the road we found a great hostel with fantastic staff/volunteers. And met some great fellow travelers.
    We went to a really cool falls called nauyaca falls. Sweating our asses off on the hike in. We were really looking forward to swimming. However when we finally made it to the falls we were told there was a stom in the mountains that made the river to dangerous.
    Storm in the mountains. Well that storm quickly made it to us and we did not need to swim any more as we were completly soaked in a few minutes. The path back became a river. Though we were soaked it was refreshing and fun. The day was exausting and we had no energy to doo the night tour at the park so we stayed in. It was the best night i had in costa.

    The next day we made our last breakfast as a crew. And went to the manuel antonio beach. To relax. We were visited by monkeys and a slougth it was fantastic. I am now in Uvita ready for some more adventure.
    Read more