Satellite
Show on map
  • Last day

    September 16, 2018 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Sunday, September 16
    Rain forecast for this morning, so went for a drive to Mount Stewart. We wanted to try Linda’s Country Kitchen, butt didn’t like the looks of it so went to Sobeys and bought food for sandwiches.
    Found the cutest little Pumpkin patch just outside of Charlotteville.
    Drove to Brackely Beach and biked from there to Robinson’s Island. Biked back. About 17 kms. Loved the trail on Robinson’s Island.
    Went for dinner at Dalvay on the Sea. Tony had the fall flavours menu. Everything on this menu was grown and produced on the Island. He had as an appetizer warm brussel sprout salad with prosciutto, sourdough croutons and Parmesan cheese, Beef Brisket with Japanese turnips, heritage carrots and potato/sweet potato pie, and deconstructed pumpkin pie. I had beef tenderloin with mashed potatoes, beets, carrots, yellow beans, and rutabaga. A thick, rich brown peppery sauce was drizzled overtop. Everything was delicious!
    FaceTimed with Adalynn and Matt and Val later. Adalynn’s exciting news is that she is using the potty now! :-)
    Early to bed, big drive tomorrow!
    Read more