Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Different Day, Different Weather

    March 1, 2019 in Norway ⋅ ❄️ -1 °C

    The clouds that brought the show to an end last night also brought snow and this morning there was a dusting over the cars - not just the cars of course but white on in white is kind've hard to spot! I had set the alarm for an early rise to catch the morning light, but having peeped out of the curtains at much too early o'clock I could see that a little longer in a cosy bed was all that was needed until breakfasttime. I made it so.

    You can see the grey clouds hanging heavy which when combined with a snowy landscape can make for some lovely images. Clear blue skies, like yesterday, aren't the favoured conditions for photography - there needs to be something more such as moody clouds, dramatic light after a storm or simply fantastic light like yesterday afternoon. The scene yesterday from the Bergsbotn Viewpoint was amazing, but a few clouds lit by the sunset-orange tones of the moment wouldn't have done any harm at all. It was still truly wonderful to see though.

    So, what will today bring? Snow showers are forecast therefore anything could happen. Let's find out.
    Read more