Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Por Siempre Vegana

    December 26, 2019 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    "Por Siempre Vegana" started out as a vegan street taco stand. A taqueria outpost was later opened where you could sit and order other Mexican fare in addition to tacos. Whether eating at the taco stand or the taqueria, you can expect to wait since both locations are extremely popular.

    Roch and I ate at the taqueria for Boxing Day dinner. We arrived around 6:00 pm and waited about 30 minutes to get a table. Everywhere we've eaten so far, we've been served by friendly wait staff so the waitress at Por Siempre Vegana stood out but not in a good way. We're not sure if our waitress was incompetent or whether our order somehow got lost in the busy shuffle but half an hour later, we discovered the kitchen hadn't even started our order even though people who were seated after us were already enjoying their meals.

    Roch and I were both getting pretty annoyed but "ay caramba", the bitter taste that the bad service had put in our mouths was immediately replaced by a taste of heaven when our food finally arrived. It was the best meal we've had thus far in Mexico. I had ordered sauteed mushrooms with almond cheese served with corn tortillas and Roch had ordered a "torta" (sandwich) filled with green chorizo, almond cheese, avocado, refried beens and onions. We helped ourselves to the toppings & condiments bar that included potatoes, sauteed "nopales" (cactus), cilantro, tomatoes, limes, guacamole sauce, various salsas and more! We moaned with pleasure as we ate and we couldn't believe that all this delicious food cost us a mere $7.66 altogether!

    With food that good and prices that low, we will definitely go back, and hopefully we can report that the bad service we got was simply a glitch.
    Read more