Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Fat Vegan

    December 27, 2019 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Vegan does not necessarily = healthy.

    To take a break from all the tacos we've been eating, we decided to go to the "Fat Vegan", a small and relatively new burger shack offering mainly burgers and fries. Since I'm not able to eat gluten, I opted for the Caesar salad with a side of fries. The Caesar salad was excellent and the fries were even better, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, exactly as I like them.

    Roch ordered the Pancho Vegan burger, a black bean-based burger that required many napkins to eat. The burger had a distinct Mexican slant with its refried beans, avocado, caramelized onions, poblano pepper strips and almond mozzarella. Unlike the Beyond Meat burger, this patty was quite soft and required rotating the burger 180 degrees after each bite to eat the parts that had squeezed out of the bun. Like me, Roch raved about the fries, opting to dip them in a vegan chipotle mayo to give them added pizzazz.

    Eating here was a great experience. The staff were very friendly and spoke excellent English. There's limited seating, just a few stools on the inside and a couple of small tables on the outside. Lucky for us, one of the tables freed up just as our meal was ready.

    I fear if we keep eating like this, we will soon resemble the Fat Vegan's logo.
    Read more