Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 32

    Kununurra Part Two

    24 maja 2017, Australia ⋅ 🌙 20 °C

    We took a day trip to El Questro today, visiting Zebedee Springs just in time for a relaxing soak. Little pools of warm bliss are formed by the rocky creek bed, creating intimate little spaces to claim for your own. The lush canopy and bubbling creek were a magic combination.

    We also managed a bit of 4 wheel driving on our way to Pigeon's Lookout - a seriously, decent creek crossing (so glad we fitted the snorkel) and (what seemed like) a vertical climb over huge rocks tested our nerve. Teeth still rattling, we get to the top and discover not only that we lost a towing mirror but that our storage frame in the back collapsed under the pressure. Ah the joys of it all! Aside from the few hiccups, the panoramic vista which awaited us (of the Pentecost River) was worth it!

    Leaving El Questro (minus said mirror), we headed on to Wyndham, a town famous for the place where 5 rivers meet. The lookout area is amazing but the iPhone photos could never capture the immensity of the scene and do it justice.

    Returning to Kununurra we enjoyed sunset overlooking the town from Kelly's Knob Lookout. An eventful day! I
    Czytaj więcej