Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Málaga, Spain

    July 21, 2016 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 23 °C

    Yesterday we docked at Málaga, Spain 🇪🇸.
    It's a lovely city with plenty to see.
    Sheila, as usual stayed on the ship and relaxed.
    Maz and Sue wanted to do their second favourite thing in port, that is shop at El Corte Inglés, which is a large department store, on the lines of John Lewis in England.
    Btw their favourite thing, is finding a Starbucks and having a coffee ☕.
    I didn't fancy either so I went for a walk around the city, which as I said is a lovely place.
    It has some outstanding buildings.
    Across from the port you have the city hall which is an imposing structure with some beautiful fresco work on the outside walls.
    Right next to that is the Bank of Espanía with its huge columns across the front.
    Then you have what looked to be the oldest of the three buildings, which housed part of the University of Málaga.
    This is also a really beautiful building with unusual roof edgings, which I would describe as having external rafters and some beautiful irregular pointed brickwork. You will see better in the pictures below as my description is a bit crap.
    Further around from the university building there is a small Roman amphitheatre, which looks like it is still used for plays or small concerts.
    Also in this part of the town are lots of the typical Spanish, narrow winding streets, with lots of beautiful old buildings, many of which appeared to be getting renovated.
    Read more