Satellite
Show on map
  • 29th June

    June 29, 2011, North Atlantic Ocean

    It's 5.30am and I'm just having a coffee sitting on the big comfy couches in the atrium.
    I love it on board ship in the early morning, went on deck and it's lovely and warm and pitch-black out at sea.
    We all went to the Britannia restaurant last night, so Aimee could get something to eat that she liked.
    The reason for this is that the buffet restaurant at night is transformed into four themed restaurants, with 3 of them carrying a $10 cover charge with just one being free if you can call it free with the price some of us have paid for this trip.
    Last year they did the theme thing with the buffet but there was no cover charge.
    I suppose this is one of the downsides to Cunard being taken over by Carnival.
    Much as I love America, not all things are good...
    There endeth the lesson..... LOL.
    The rest of the evening was passed watching the singer Jordan Bennet in the theatre and then doing the quiz in the Golden Lion pub..... Oh yes, I nearly forgot the Captains, or on this trip it's the Commodores cocktail party for past passengers, which we all attended mainly for the free drinks.
    No make that only for the free drinks, why else would you want to socialise with the staff.....lmao.
    Read more