Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 46

    LA BOMBA DE TIEMPO

    January 20, 2020 in Argentina ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Marlou, Fabi and I finally had the possibility to go to “La Bomba de Tiempo” together.

    Every Monday, the percussion group “La Bomba de Tiempo” plays a 2-hour show at the Cuidad Cultural Konex, which is located in the street Sarmiento 3131, in the Almagro district in Buenos Aires. Many buses stop outside, and the Carlos Gardel metro station (Line B) is just a 5-minute walk away.

    We wanted to go there before, but all the tickets were already sold out. Therefore, we bought the tickets online this time and could walk straight past the long line.

    A ticket costs 280 pesos (appr. 4,50 euros).

    The doors open around 7 pm and the show starts at 8 pm. We arrived around 7:30 pm and had enough time to look around. There is a large courtyard with a covered area for food and drinks. A fine mist was sprayed in the back area for refreshment.

    Since I hadn't eaten anything for dinner yet, we went to the food corner, where I ordered a hot wrap for 200 pesos (appr. 3 euros) and a tequila sunrise for 250 pesos (appr. 3,80 euros). In addition to the diverse selection of drinks, they also offer a lot of food and the prices are fair for such a big event.
    The wrap was tasty, but the cocktail tasted like sugar water with alcohol and I guess normal water would have been a better choice. 😖

    More and more people entered. We were still in line waiting for the food when the show began. And it was amazing! We had so much fun: the music was mesmerizing, everyone danced, clapped and partied.

    The concept of “La Bomba de Tiempo” was created in 2006 by artist Santiago Vazquez. He invited many of the best percussionists from Buenos Aires to help him create this amazing concept and ever since, added more and more artists from around Argentina.
    Every show features a different guest who joins in the improvisation, ensuring a unique music experience each time.

    When the show ended at 10 pm, the party continued on the street in front of the venue until we headed back to the hostel.

    “La Bomba de Tiempo” is definitely a must-see in Buenos Aires and I would like to visit it again with my friend Sarah, who will visit me in less than three weeks. 💜
    Read more