Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 43

    Pucon- And relax

    April 2, 2017 in Chile ⋅ 🌙 13 °C

    With gray skies and rain James' hopes of climbing the volcano were dwindling fast. We were advised that the Geometricas thermal spa was worth a visit on such a dismal day.

    After a bumpy two hour ride, nestled st the foot of the volcano we arrived at a little valley full of pools that winded slong unil it ended with a waterfall. The pool temperatures varied from a chilly 7 celsius to a scorching 45. James was couldn't be persuaded to try the 7 degrees, but I took the plung for about 10 seconds, before runnning to the nearest warm pool!

    It was raining the whole time producing a strange sensation of bring hot yet having refreshing cold rain on your head. After 2 hours we were like prunes and headed to the sanctuary of the small cafe. They served really good pizza which warmed us up.

    On arriving back to the hostel we switched rooms to stay in a hobbit room. With a round door and a very comfy double bed it was bliss! At the bar a few Israelis were performing some card tricks, a few I figured out! We enjoyed an amazing meal by the hostel chef Jamie- a fish chowder and beef goulash. Amazing and better by far than anything we could ever cook up.

    The next day we lazed about and caught up on some life admin before getting the night bus to Santiago.
    Read more