Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 75

    Drago D29 We made it

    May 4, 2017 in Peru ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Our big push yesterday was rewarded with a lie in today of 06:30. Rearing to go after breakfast we only had 3 hours of hiking to do! Saying goodbye to the camp staff they looked a little sheepish and appologised for getting in late from the party. None of us had heard them so we reassured them and thanked then profusely for the amazing service they provide. They deserved a party.

    Starting down through the village a handful of people were still partying and dancing outside a hosue higher in the valley. Evidence of heavy partying could be found in the poor sheep still stuck in their corals their owners fast asleep, and one poor man had fallen asleep in a field with his mule looking on. Even Mr Wari had a slower pace today.

    We rounded the corner and could see our aim of the morning an Incan pit stop used to house the runners that would take messages to and from Cusco. A pretty place it had a temple and storage houses restored by the government. Beneath it was a beautiful waterfall with cooling mists. As we neared the end we passed our first lot of tourists for the whole time. They had a lot of going up ahead of them and Olly gleefully wished them luck. We reached our end destination Soricha, and celebrated with a big beer.

    A bus picked us up to bring us to Ollyatambo. Here my adventures of the day came to an end as I became very very very very sick. I'm not kidding. Thank god it happened in the hotel is all I can say.
    Read more