Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    1750 m upwards

    August 13, 2021 in Montenegro ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Where most other blind, ignorant and motorised tourists follow the main road south, it's time to push the group to take the panoramic route easterly to Trsa because it’s just a feast for the eyes. I came here on motorbike already once and could drive this road up and down every day! In Trsa we hope to find fulfilling food because the previous day we were too lazy to buy sufficient rations for traversal of this rather remote region. Some of our guys tend to over-optimize the route and saving of a 4 km food-supplying detour results in having to rush through this overwhelming landscape “because we do not have enough food to stay a day longer”. Stupid. Apart from that, one of us decided to travel “ultra- lightweightedly” and simply does not have space to stuff enough snacks for multiple days. Hmm. Now, Trsa’s one and only restaurant just offers ugly meat and unsatisfying service.

    We continue in direction of the peaks around Bobotov Kuk and decide to camp westerly of the border of Durmitor national park in a wind-protected ditch at around 1800 m. It’s the first time we pitch our tents for breeze protection and cook pasta in one of the tents. The day was pretty exhausting with being exposed to the burning sun and having climbed a total altitude difference of 1750 m. Hujaka bujaka!
    Read more