Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    To our first beach!

    March 4, 2018 in Cambodia ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    We got on the sleeper bus and although it was generally fine we did not sleep like babies. We arrived in the main town at 5:30am and it was deserted. Nothing was open till 8am so we sat and waited for a place to open for breakfast. I got a huge bowl of muesli, fruit and yoghurt and Will treated himself to a full English breakfast. It had a real sausage, bacon and toast!!

    We then began the nightmare part of the journey... The ferry to the island was really lovely, but then we had to find a hostel in the burning sun while being horrifically dehydrated and tired. Let's just say our relationship was tested! But eventually we found something affordable and it was such a relief so we celebrated with a plate of hummus and freshly made pitta. Then the family arrived and it was soooo nice to see everyone. I literally felt over the moon to see everyone again.

    That evening we all went for dinner, chilled out and had an earlyish night. But when we got back to the hostel Elaine and Brian found bed bugs in their beds!! We checked ours and couldn't really see anything and by this time it was nearly midnight. Brian and Elaine the poor guys were trekking the beach trying to find accommodation, but we just decided to stay and luckily we were OK.

    The next morning Charlie and Brian found a lovely dorm for us all with air con. It wasn't ideal as it was single sex dorms so we were in different rooms but it was the cheapest and cleanest place we could find on the island. We had a much better day of swimming and catching up after everyones exhausting couple of days. For dinner we found a lovely cheap Khmer restaurant which had a very simple menu but the food was lovely and we actually ended up eating there for a couple of days for breakfast, lunch and dinner ha.

    Today is the 6th March and everyones feeling pretty exhausted or ill so we are just sat in a chilled bar reading and catching up on the world with WiFi. 😁
    Read more