Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 46

    I think I've entered Jurassic Park!

    January 3, 2019 in India ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Last night we had such a fab sleep in our little tent. The tent is super teeny but really cosy. It was so nice to wake up in the peaceful countryside! And wow what a surrounding to wake up to. I'm pretty sure we have landed in Jurassic Park. This place is like no other that we have ever been. So today we did our washing and then headed out to explore. We went for a cheap masala dosa (Rs 20!!) and then we explored the Jurassic Park boulders. It was a true spectacle to just sit and watch.

    We then went back to our tent site and chilled for a bit ensuring we had WiFi in case our new tenants needed help. We met 2 other couch surfers from Bradford and wandered up to Kishkanda Temple for sunset. The walk there was just stunning and absolutely swarmed with incredible looking birds including various types of cranes, 3 stunning blue kingfishers, green bee eater, bull bulls and many many more. Anna and Alison must have thought we were crazy as I was constantly stopping to look at a new bird haha When we finally arrived at the temple and climbed the 547 steps the temple was swarmed with monkeys! Luckily they were nice ones. We watched an incredible sunset then walked to Hippie Island for some dinner. It was a fun day but I was definitely ready for a sleep by the end.
    Read more