Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 47

    Ancient Ruin Temples

    January 4, 2019 in India ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Hampi is a UNESCO heritage site and an ancient city. And today we are going to explore the ancient city via the Bedrock Village of boulders with a quick stop for a Masala Dosa breakfast of course! Exploring Bedrock (honestly it was like a scene from the flinstones!) was great fun. Huge volcanic boulders, rice fields, banana trees, palm trees and ancient ruins could be seen for miles. We then took a boat across the river to begin our hunt for ancient ruines.

    We visited Vurupaksha, had a quick Gobi Rice for lunch and then visited the Ganesh statues which have been carved from a single boulder.

    Unfortunately at that point the heat really got to me once again and I had to sit out for the rest of the afternoon as I was feeling sick again. Will carried on looking around the various temples and I just sat and tried not to through up...

    In the evening we had already planned to meet our couch surfing host and other couch surfing guests. He kept giving us sooo much rum and we hadn't eaten. Eventually we ate but to be honest the damage was already done. Let's just say I did not feel at all well before bed...
    Read more