Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    Geselhaus to Sölden

    July 12, 2016 in Austria ⋅ 🌧 14 °C

    After 3 weeks of good weather (apart from our 1st day of cycling) the weather has turned against us 😮. After a good thunderstorm last night, we left Geselhaus for the Grossglockner with partly cloudy skies and fingers crossed....

    Unfortunately, today the gods were against us. Shortly after climbing up to the entrance of the Grossglockner National Park, the weather closed in on us. This made it fairly pointless to travel down the pass, as we wouldn't have been able to see further than the front of the car 😕 So we headed back down to Grosskirchheim for coffee and cake. I guess that Paul will have to do the Grossglockner pass on 2 wheels sometime?

    The weather on our travels today went from soft rain, to mist, to bright sunshine, back to rain and then to a torrential downpour on the way to our overnight stop. All 4 seasons in a day, except for snow.... However, they are predicting snow on the Grossglockner on Thursday 😨. Perhaps we should have brought our ski gear?

    Tomorrow we head back to Munich until Friday, then we're off to Hamburg for some family time.
    Read more