Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 195

    Perlubie

    September 5, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    So, 5th of Sep marked my ‘half birthday’ which the girls are always excited about (me less so). I didn’t want any fuss, just a lovely day together. And this was exactly what awaited.

    We parked up in the sand right on the beach, with only two neighbours far away from us, overlooking the glassy water. Andy got my SUP and his kayak ready, while the girls dug in the sand, getting our giant fire pit ready for the evening. I wouldn’t have imagined that we again can have a warm enough day, wear a tee shirt and go in the water. It was a bliss.

    We wondered around the coastal cliffs and caves and watched the sunset, enjoyed drinks and cheese platter with fresh goodies from Margaret River, built an awesome fire pit, cooked spuds in the coals and sat at the fire, while listening to the sound of the waves. Andy could fish again, went metal detecting (found us huge supply of tent pegs) and we all recovered from the recent long drives.

    What a stop, all boxes ticked off and probably even better in the shoulder season without the hundreds of people around. And did I mention the beautiful spring wildflowers?
    Read more