Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 197

    Barossa Valley

    September 7, 2022 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 14 °C

    The wind picked up in Perlubie and it was time to get moving to our next stop, the Barossa Valley, our very favourite Shiraz region.

    We took an overnight break in a free camp behind a pub near Port Pirie and arrived to Tanunda in the afternoon. This time, we have decided to treat ourselves and spend 2 nights in a premium 2 bedroom cabin. Why not?

    The next day was Ella’s half birthday. 11 and a half!! We celebrated with croissants and lemon cake, a few little gifts and plans for a visit to the 50s Diner for lunch and a Harry Potter movie night in the evening.

    It was cold and wet but we were lucky enough to manage a walk around the rolling hills of Keiserstuhl without getting too much rain. We spotted kangaroos, saw the horse head rock and passed hundreds of sheep grazing on the bright green pastures. We then popped into Seppeltfield wines and learned a lot of interesting winemaking history. Particularly unique was the fact that they have kept their ports in barrels for over a century, keep adding a new vintage every year and open a centennial each year for a very limited sale.

    We finished the outing with a late lunch at the American 50s diner, unfortunately the food wasn’t what we expected and Millie didn’t feel the best. We made up for it back in the cabin with a tasty dinner and movie night.

    It was wonderful to have the spacious cabin to stretch out and feel what it’ll be like being in our house again 😁🥺. Not long now…
    Read more