Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 47

    Proof of aliens

    January 24, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    We have traveled through Thailand for over a month now and are on our way home. We thought we'd tell you about the aliens we found in this country, quietly lurking among us... and not just once! But four times!

    The first alien we spotted was at Jim Thompson Farm in the eastern (Isaan ethnicity) part of Thailand. We wanted to learn about the legendary man who is credited for making Thai silk so famous so we visited his farm.

    Jim Thompson was an American working for the government. The legend says he was really a spy. He opened a Thai silk company, made a fortune, and then disappeared! Some say he got in trouble and killed by enemy spies, and others say he got hurt in the jungle and died. Regardless of what happened to him, his farm was very interesting. We frolicked through flower fields (see pic), pumpkin patches, and even learned about the full life cycle of the silk worm! Or that's what they wanted us to believe.... Those worms didn't fool us. Judge for yourself in the second pic. They were totally extraterrestrial!!

    The second specimen comes from the island where we did our turtle project, Koh Pra Thong. There we met Barry, an independent marine biologist from Canada who helps out with the turtle project duties. (Fans of Big Bang Theory will say there are lots of similarities between him and Sheldon Cooper. He could totally pass for Sheldon's father!!) He studies a fascinating creature called a sea cucumber for it's economic potential in the Thai food market. Locals eat these bizarre creatures and trade them for profit. We thought they were spiky little blobs with necks. But not from this planet.

    The third specimen comes from a national park called Khao Sok. There, we spent a night in the lake in a raft house. (The last pic shows our front yard, the lake. Our lodge was floating in the land by buoys and we could just jump in for a swim anytime we wanted.) We got to canoe from the mainland an hour into the lake and took a tour of the wildlife on the spectacular limestone walls and jungles that make up tons of little islands in the lake. We saw hornbills and langur monkeys. We took a special flat bamboo raft to a cave (see pic)! We saw bats, "bacon" style stalactites, and even an alien hiding within the formations. The picture below is very convincing that we found ET.

    We even ate aliens in Bali. The locals call it fiddlehead fern. We can it a green little three-finger alien that looks like a leaf and tastes delicious with grated coconut!
    Read more