Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    The final Bucket List push

    May 3, 2023 in Portugal ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Our final full day in Lisbon had a number of must see stops.
    We did Green Street, popped back to Pink Street for a few day time pics, then up again to visit the Carmo Convent.
    I really have a thing for old churches and church ruins. The convent/church was mostly destroyed in the earthquake of 1755. But some of the building remains are still standing. I was a bit disappointed to see that the one end of the nave was behind scaffolding as they are doing restoration work but it was still very cool to see.
    Then it was on to have binfanas at the best place in Lisbon and they did not disappoint 😋
    As we walked the Alfama district I was so very happy that we chose our hotel location on the other side of the city. While Alfama is famous and very iconic it was just so incredibly busy. We did get to see one of the famous Tram 28 cars (there are lots!) but we didn’t bother taking a ride. Another Bordalo stop to see the Panda and we were almost done - last stop was Bordalo’s atelier where he does a lot of his work.
    Online there was mention that it was “open” at 2 pm but we wandered the whole block and could not find anyway of getting in to see anything 🤷🏻‍♀️
    We did however get to watch some of a new creation being constructed! I’m not sure if one of the guys doing the work was Bordalo himself but it was very cool to watch. Kev asked what the new creation was going to be and apparently it’s to be a mouse - can’t wait to see the final product!
    The “mouse” did take up a lot of space in the yard so it was hard to see the monkey and the fish on the building wall but I’ll count those among my finds. We also found the Sapo da Lixo down the street as well 😁
    We wrapped up our final day with dinner and drinks at the Time Out Market. And of course no trip to Portugal would be complete without a pastel de nata 😋
    Read more