Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    Universal Studios

    December 10, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    We will make the most of our close proximity and get an early start at Universal Studios. We have a 2 day pass so we can return within seven days. We headed off before 9am and walked over instead of waiting for the shuttle, we need every opportunity to get our steps up today as we had a lower count yesterday! First thing we did was take the studio back lot tour which was lot’s of fun and Ian and Angus enjoyed it. As well as going past sound stages and streets made up to look like NY, the west, a European Village and Amity Island (home of Jaws), Wisteria Lane (Desperate Housewives) and some of the set from Who Ville. We also rode through the world’s largest 3-D experience on King Kong 360 3-D which was created by Peter Jackson for Universal Studios and then we also experienced Fast and Furious - Supercharged the Studio Tour’s grand finale.

    We then took the Mummy ride (a roller coaster) and Jurassic Park, the ride which was fun but we got totally drenched! We also wandered around Wizarding World, the stunt show at WaterWorld and finally the Special Effects Show. We then left and went through City Walk which is next door and is a collection of stores, cafes and movies. We had dinner at a Mexican restaurant Camanchos Cantina which was delicious.

    Tomorrow we return to Universal Studios for a second go.
    Read more