Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 41

    Wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen

    October 24, 2022 in Denmark ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    Today we head north to Copenhagen. Gui has kindly offered to drive us to the airport. We arrived with plenty of time as it is the start of the school holidays for the Walloons and so the airport was pretty busy. Having said that the check-in was smooth and quick as was clearing security. Once through to the other side we did a bit of window shopping and we stopped to have a wine as we still had about an hour to kill before boarding.

    Finally, we were on our way and on time. The predicted bad weather hasn’t eventuated and so we have a fairly easy flight up to Copenhagen. We catch a taxi to our apartment which is in the very heart of the city. Our host Anna is here to greet us, and luckily she is fit and young enough to assist with our luggage as we are on the 3rd floor and the stairs are steep and shallow. The apartment is wonderful, a combination of old world style and architecture combined with some modern amenities.

    After settling in we walk around to a wonderful square that is full of restaurants, we are spoiled for choice. We decide on a French place Le Pavé, which looks really good and has a table for us. Brigitte orders the fried Turbot and I decide on the Coq au Vin which comes with the most delicious mashed potatoes I have ever had and we have a bottle of Pinot Noir to accompany the meal. It is an absolutely delicious meal but the servings are so generous there is no possibility of dessert or coffee.

    We then head back around the corner to our apartment and get a pretty early night as it has been a big day.
    Read more